Saturday, June 5, 2010

The girls room is done ... almost

I know that the pictures that follow don't look like a lot of work, but let me tell you...it was. I finally hung the shelves above the dresser that have the three books that were my color inspiration for the girls' room. The shelves...a pain in the neck to hang. I'm sure it could have gone smoother but I didn't like the materials that came with them to hang. After I found the anchors and screws that I liked best for the project, it was still a hassle because I didn't line them up right. But it finally came together.


Next were the girls' names. I was really debating whether or not to do this because I know that everyone is doing this but Kinsey and Kaitlyn really wanted them up. I bought the letters and painted them pink. Painting them was a fun project...really easy too.



I had this really cool shelf in the girls room before we moved but it was a dark stain that didn't really go with their room. I asked my mom if she wanted it and she told me to use it but just paint it white. So then came another painting task. This one not so fun. Painting this shelf was horrible and I hated every minute of it. I was so glad when I finally finished. We went to Hobby Lobby (easily one of my favorite places on Earth) to pick up some finishing touches for the shelf decor. My favorite is the jar of ribbons :)


I really like the idea of adding kids art to their room. The pieces of art that I added came from Kinsey (middle) and two of my students. And yes, these are Picasso pieces. On the last day of school when I was passing them back, I asked if anyone would be willing to donate their Picasso's to my interior decorating and all of them did so I had lots to choose from. I still have about 20 Picasso paintings left!


The last things left for this room is paint (light purple) and their beds. I know what you are thinking...why would you put everything up before painting? That has an easy answer-I am impatient. We are not painting until the first of next year after we have our 11 month inspection to fix all of areas where the house has settled and we don't want to repaint everything after they do that.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

KK...I didnt see my shoe piece? What the heck?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails