I don't know that I've ever shared the exciting adventures Kinsey has with allergies before. She has horrible skin allergies and we think she is allergic to almost everything she touches. She will randomly break out in hives, often breaks out in small red bumps, breaks out in small whitish bumps sometimes, but the worst is when she gets bitten by bugs.
Last summer when she was playing on the slip-n-slide at my moms, she broke out in blisters. I thought she had chicken pox! She can't try on clothes that have not been washed first or she will break out, if she sits in grass or dirt she will break out, all kinds of rules and precautions we are learning we have to take with her.
This past weekend she went to a graduation party that was outside and got bitten by mosquitoes on her arms and back. When I first noticed them, they just looked like regular bites. The next day they were swollen, blistered, and huge! I put some cortisone cream on them hoping it would take them down but of course it didn't. I called the doctor today (probably sounded like one of those hysterical mothers who thinks everything is wrong with their child) and asked if it is possible to be allergic to mosquitoes (I felt like this was a ridiculous question when I asked it). I described what they looked like and she told me to bring her in right away. Of course, one of the bites was infected and the size of a half dollar. The others all had blisters on them and had popped. Very gross!
Sure enough, the doctor said she thinks she is allergic to the saliva a mosquito injects when they bite. She told us we need to take her to the allergist to get allergy testing done because she has so many break outs that we can't always pin point to anything in particular.
She is on an antibiotic for the infections and an antihistamine. Hopefully this will bring her some relief! Now I can't wait to get her to the allergist to see what in the heck she is so allergic to that causes her to break out all the time!
1 comment:
Awww... poor pumpkin. I hope she feels better soon :) Miss you!
Post a Comment