Did you know that you can read about how to wash just about anything? I found a site, while I was searching for the proper way to wash bathing suits, that tells you how to wash your clothes.
As I scrolled through the list of hundreds of things I have never even heard of, I clicked on the link "How to wash clothes." There it was. Plain as day. Rebecca, who I can only assume is an expert clothes washer, stated that you have to sort all of your clothes into darks, whites, reds, towels, special fabrics, colors, and wash them all separately.
I think I might email Rebecca and ask her what qualifies her to post directions for washing clothes. She didn't even give any other options (like my way) on how to do it. Given that I've had no color catastrophes, I think that qualifies me to tell people how to wash clothes in a much easier, simpler way.
I know it must be shocking to those of you who know me as a compulsively organized person to learn that I have a dirty little secret. But it's true, I do not color sort my clothes to wash them. That's right. No color sorting what so ever. Darks with lights, whites with colors, reds with whatever. What's the big deal? Our clothes are always clean and smell wonderful. Why do I need to take the time to sort them? I would like Rebecca from www.howtocleanstuff.net to answer why it is imperative that the clothes be sorted? In all my years of doing my own laundry I have never had a problem (maybe one time) but if you figured the ratio of mishaps to non-catastrophic loads, I'm sure it's pretty amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment