My family always gives me such a hard time about buying expensive purses. I have to say, this is the one thing I really splurge on buying. My favorite for the past eight years or so has been Dooney & Bourke purses. And let me just clarify that when I say splurge, I'm talking like one purse a year at Christmas time when my amazing husband buys one for me.
A few weeks ago, while out to dinner, I found an amazing deal on a purse. I paid only $8 for this purse.
I thought my family would be so proud of me. I got home and quickly transferred all of my things into it. I toted it around proudly for two whole days until this...
If I had to replace my purse every two days and if I found a ridiculous deal like $8, I would spend almost $1500 per year in purses. That is a far cry from my current $150 per year.
Check out this picture from when I was in the hospital after having KINSEY (that was in 2004 folks).
Yes, I have had that purse for seven years! Which, actually, I got that purse for Christmas in 2003. Granted I have not carried that purse for the whole seven years but I did carry it for a good four or five years...seriously. I don't change purses often. So my purses get a great work out. I am also not a light purse packer. I carry everything from a medicine kit, first aid kit, bug spray, lotion, wallet, toothbrush, coupon filer, and so much more. This is the same purse seven years later...in perfect condition. Not a single blemish on the thing!
And, what, you might ask do I do with my perfectly good expensive purses after I am done with them?
I let my children carry them around for play purses so they are not just sitting around (Fun fact: This purse is older than Kaitlyn by about three years). They get used and I get my money's worth.
I now feel justified in my expensive purse purchases.





No comments:
Post a Comment