Friday, July 8, 2011

The one where America's Funniest Videos makes me cry

I remember when I was young and would be watching an emotional movie with adults in the same room and someone would always be crying (usually my mom) and I never understood what there was to cry about.  Tears would never just well up in my eyes.  I could watch the most heartbreaking stories without blinking.
Fast forward to 2004 when I was pregnant with Kinsey.  I remember sitting in my room watching a tornado documentary special (I have no idea why...I'm deathly afraid of tornadoes).  All of a sudden, tears started streaming down my face while watching.  Since that moment, I've become a huge cry baby.  Hallmark commercials, any movie with the slightest bit of emotion sends me into a sobbing mess.  My girls watched the Disney movie Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie, of course I totally cried at the end.  It's a kids movie for crying out loud!  Now, every time Jason and I watch a movie (or show, commercial, anything on TV really) together, I see him peek over at me to see if I'm crying.
I recently came to the conclusion that I've lost all control when I cried during a recent episode of America's Funniest Videos.  Yes, America's Funniest Videos.  The clip was about people telling their family they were expecting a child.  This is the clip that made me loose all control.  And I have no idea why.



And then, in the same show, I watched the following clip and laughed so hard I cried...again.  Luckily this cry was because I was laughing so hard.  However, my husband still thought I was crazy by this point.   



Really...it's the baby fart powder that gets me every time.  Even as I sit here and type this I am cracking up crying.  And Kaitlyn keeps asking me alternating questions, "What's so funny, Mommy?  Are you OK?  Is it funny or sad?"

1 comment:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Hahahaha oh my gosh I had the EXACT same responses to both videos!! Must be a mother thing. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails