Monday, July 18, 2011

Little swimmer

It was a monumental day at the pool today...Kaitlyn took her swim test and PASSED!!  What's even better is that Jason was off today so he was with us and got to see her take the test.  I was so shocked that she felt confident enough to take the test but she rocked it!  Her expression when she finished and got a wristband was so priceless.  She ran to Jason and I so proud and told us, as if we didn't see it, that she passed! And then continued to ask us over and over if we loved her new wristband that she got for passing the test.
Since you have to take and pass the swim test to go on the slides, she ran to them immediately after passing and waited in line with Kinsey to take her first ride down the water slide.  I am pretty sure I was more nervous than she was for her to go down.  It took her a few times to figure out where to go after she came down but she figured it out pretty quickly.  She then proceeded to go down the slides at least 800 more times.  Jason and I had to make her take a break because we were so afraid she was getting tired. 
As we were leaving, she told us, "I just love those slides."  I think the pool just got even more fun for one little five year old!
Kaitlyn's showing off her wristband for passing the swim test!
First time down the slides 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails