Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thoughts of children

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt


Dear Kaitlyn,

If you ask me, the most amazing thing in the world is to listen to your stream of conscious thought.  The way your thinking jumps from one idea to another is like a waft of fresh air in each new thought.  Each idea connected together in some obscure way that only seems to make sense in your little mind.  
I love getting a glimpse of the world through your eyes.  I love how you have so many inquires about the world, you can't even begin to verbalize all of them.  I love that you ask questions about your own questions.  I love that you dream about your future.  And that you think about all the things that life has in store for you.  
Yesterday, while you were looking out the window on the way to dinner, you had this to say:
"Why is that 'Road Closed' sign right there? Is it so people won't drive on the grass?  Because cows eat grass.  I wish I had a barn with cows!  When I grow up, I think I'll get farm.  I'm never going to find a husband, though."
You will learn so much in the years to come.  Lots of your questions will be answered but I hope that doesn't deter you from asking even more.  I hope you continue to seek learning and understanding at every point in your life, even when you are old.  And don't worry, since you are only five years old, you have plenty of time to find a husband.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails