This year was the first time we've had a birthday party at our house. Usually, we have it at a venue like Bounce Planet or some other amazingly fun place. To keep the kids busy, we set up a pool, slip-n-slide, and a fun sprinkler in the back yard. So this was a little different for us.
Here is list of things I worried about while planning this party:
Rain
Having to entertain 1000 kids inside my house if it rained
Kids running straight into the pond
Shoes on the carpet
Having enough food
Not having everything ready when guests showed up
Rain
Food being carried over the carpet (especially BBQ meatballs...those suckers tend to roll off plates)
The slip-n-slide causing a rut in the yard
Having dreams that no one showed up and having a very sad 7 year old
Cleaning out the garage
And more rain
The morning looked very overcast and the forecast definitely called for rain. I was a little worried I might have to find another way to entertain everyone, for which I had absolutely no back up plans. However, it turned out to be a very nice sunshiny day and the kids had a blast playing in all of the water activities we had set up for them.
There were no causalities and I don't recall any tears so it was a success in my book. And as it turns out, I didn't need to worry about one single thing on my worry list. The only thing that went wrong (I didn't even have time to worry about this with all of the other things taking precedence) was that I didn't take hardly any pictures! I managed to get a few on my camera when my mom's camera filled up and she grabbed my during present opening. After the party I made Kinsey try a few things on and got a few pictures of her playing with some of the toys she received.
| Kinsey and Kaitlyn both got new bathing suit cover ups. |
![]() |
| A new bathing suit from Grandma Pfeiffer! |
![]() |
| New PJ's from Aunt Jessie and Uncle Kevin....I have no idea why she only has on one slipper sock! |
Thank you everyone who was able to come celebrate with us!


1 comment:
Yay happy birthday Kinsey! Glad she had such a great day. And yes, planning birthday parties is SO stressful. I thought I was going to lose my mind planning Krew's first.
Post a Comment