Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not a moment too soon

I thought I would tackle some outside projects today.  Nothing too complicated...just some mulch and extending a drain so it won't wash away said mulch.  I was up early and off to Lowe's for the materials I needed.  My poor children were so patient while I took forever trying to decide what kind and color of mulch would look best.  I grabbed the number of bags I thought I needed and was off to look for the drain.  
Of course, I couldn't find it on my own so I had to ask someone.  I had no idea how to explain what I needed and it kind of came out as, "I need a bendy thing.  For a drain when it rains.  I need to reroute it...I think. It washes away my stuff.  Oh, and it needs to be white. Where can I find that?"  After a momentary I-think-this-woman-is-crazy look, he took me to exactly what I needed.  Good thing he spoke crazy lady talk.  There were two options...a very tiny bendy thing or a big monster bendy thing.  The problem was that the tiny one looked very tiny and the big one looked too big.  I went with the tiny one because it was cheaper. 
When I got home I got all my mulch spread and it looked beautiful.  Only problem...it wasn't enough.  Then, I put on my bendy drain.  Second problem...it was too small.  Back to Lowe's we went.  More mulch.  Monster drain.  
This time everything was perfect.  As soon as I got done... torrential down pour.  Which, actually, I was kind of hoping for so I could see if my drain was going to work.  


 I walked around through the garage and looked at my drain and...
there was water coming out of it!  I adjusted it slightly after taking this picture so it was pointing down and all streaming right out. I am so happy that it isn't washing away my mulch!

1 comment:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Wow I'm impressed!! Good job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails