Monday, June 13, 2011

One crazy weekend

Bad news first:  Somehow I managed to take a fabulous weekend and not take one single picture.
Good news:  I had a fabulous weekend!

Weekend highlights:
1.  Happy birthday, Mom! She is so old now still so young at heart! On Friday evening, we took her out for a birthday dinner.  
2.  Saturday morning, I met my best friend, Sarah, for Starbucks.  After a perfect cup of coffee, we headed to get our annual summer manicure and pedicure while gossiping about our lives.  After whispering to each other about not getting hot towels on our legs during our pedicure, we decided we needed to start going to a classier joint than Wal-Mart to get our nails done (I know, right? But it's true...Wal-Mart has a nail salon in it!).  For reasons completely unimaginable to us, they changed their pedicures and now you can get different levels of pedicure satisfaction.  Of course, I was completely thrown off guard by this and when she asked me what kind of pedicure I wanted, I went completely blank and said the cheapest one.  Which was, in fact, the exact opposite of what I really wanted.  However, I still had a perfect time getting some much needed time with my BFF and hearing all she had to tell me!
3.  Saturday night Jason and I went with his family to Takaoka (I feel like there should be a sigh of yumminess every time you say Takaoka...it's that delicious.  It deserves it's own sigh.) for dinner to celebrate his dad's birthday.  Happy birthday, Dale!  Aside from the best food ever, it was so incredible to spend time with the best in-laws in the world.  I love you all so much and am so happy that I've been a part of this family for almost 10 years now :)
4.  After dinner, Jason and I decided to continue our date night and go to a movie.  We caught a late showing of the Hangover 2.  If you liked, or loved, the first one...you will definitely love the second.  It was very entertaining.
5.  Sunday afternoon we ran some errands with my mom.  At one store there was an big freezer with an assortment of ice cream.  Of course, my girls wanted some so I caved and let them have one.  I picked out a Strawberry Sundae Ice Cream Crunch Bar, which I used to get all the time in high school and haven't had since, and I think time stopped momentarily while I ate it.  It was the most amazing thing I'd had since Takaoka (insert sigh of yumminess) the night before.  Bad news:  It made me want to rethink the attention I usually don't give to those ice cream freezers.  Yikes!
6.  Sunday evening we went with my family out to dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Happy birthday, Dad!  You too are getting so old still so young at heart! I absolutely love when we all get together.  Our family has no shortage of laughs and good times.

It was a such a wonderful weekend!  I couldn't have asked for a better time with family and friends.  I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails