Saturday, January 2, 2010

Because this only happens to me

I was in Fort Wayne this past weekend for News Years and was out running a few errands. I know I haven't lived in Fort Wayne since 2001 (Wow..that's hard to believe) but I have a pretty good understanding of the town. I'm especially good with area where my parents live, seeing as how I grew up there and everything. As I was out running around, Jason called me and asked me to stop by National City and make a payment for one of our cars (Only FOUR more payments!) and he so kindly directed me to the closest National City in the area. If you know the north east side of Fort Wayne, he told me to go to the National City by Target on Maplecrest Rd. I thought of course I'll go to that one because it is right where I am and it's convenient. I pull up to the drive through at the bank, put my payment in the little transporter and send it away. I sit back smiling, knowing that I just knocked out another payment and I only have a few more to go until this car is done! I was so excited that I almost did a fist pump to the teller staring back at me. It wasn't until she started speaking that I realized why she was staring at me. "Ma'am, this check says National City." I thought to myself, why is this woman stating the obvious to me. Of course it's to National City, that's who I make payments to, that's why I'm sitting at this bank, that's why I just sent you transporter, and it's why I just did a fist pump in my mind. "Yes it is" I kindly replied. She paused and looked at the teller next to her and I began to get a little unsure of my surroundings. I look around and see all the banners that are LARGE as could be. Just as I realize that I'm not at National City bank, the teller has to announce it, "This is Chase Bank. I can't take a payment to National City." Of course the five people around me all have their windows down and hear the mistake I've made. She sent my check back to me and off I went without making my payment. Needless to say, I withdrew my fist pump thoughts at that moment. As I drove off, a flood of memories came back to me about things like this that I swear never happen to anyone else. Like me falling off a chair last year during parent/teacher conferences, having every single shaving cream can fall on the floor at my feet during a quick stop at Target, having strange Kirby salesmen come to do a demonstration and think I'm a total weirdo, think my husband is a robber trying to get me, get attacked by ducks while camping, have a daughter that wanted tampons for her third birthday, and of course the list goes on and on. I'll just add this one to my list. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the real National City.

1 comment:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

I can just see your face--like plain cheesecake face! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails