There has been a buzz around our house because something big is coming up next weekend. Next weekend Kaitlyn is having her third birthday party. Kids always get a little crazy when they know their birthday party is anywhere within six months of happening and our kids are no exception. Kaitlyn has been really scoping out the commercials and letting us know exactly what she wants. She points it out and says, "I want that for my birthday. Mommy, I want that." Then she makes you look at it and repeats herself until you acknowledge that you understand that she wants that and you will put it on her birthday list.
As I was making dinner the other night, Kaitlyn was watching TV (to scope out more toy commercials I assume) when she started telling Jason and I frantically that she wanted that. I, calling out from the kitchen and not being able to see the TV, try to pacify her and say, "Got it Kate. We'll put it on your birthday list" having no idea what it was. She was not satisfied with my answer and told me "Come see. You can't see it" and made me come look at the commercial so I knew exactly what it was she so desperately wanted.
As I come into the living room, I see a very colorful commercial with girls twirling and dancing around. Then the product pops up. Tampons. Tampons! After laughing for a moment, Jason reassured her, "Don't worry. You will get those someday."
Emma was right. These people did a great job at marketing their product. However, I think their target audience is a little young! I guess it gives them something to look forward to when they grow up...
2 comments:
Haha...If she only knew!!! ;)
I saw that commercial the other day and immediately thought of you :) And then put them on my wish list for my birthday... hahaha! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment