Monday, June 9, 2008

Shaving Cream Mayhem

It was supposed to be a quick stop at Target on our way home from Fort Wayne. Jason and the kids waited in the car and I quickly ran in to get shaving cream and shampoo for the kiddies. Literally could have been a three minute stop. I walked back to get shampoo for the girls and all went well. I even got them a new fragrance. As I stepped into the shaving cream asile, it was almost an instant panic attack. There were so many to choose from! I have no idea what kind of shaving cream to get Jason...sensitive skin, dry skin, aloe, smell good, avacado, and on and on. I ended up just choosing the one closest to my hand at the time. Now, all I had to do was get shaving cream for myself and I was out of there. I walked to the women's section of shaving cream which was all connected to the mens. See, all the shaving cream-mens and womens-is all on one long shelf. It has these pusher things that when you take one, it pushes the next one forward. So of course, when I choose mine it just so happens that the whole front panel falls off. That causes every row to push EVERY can of shaving cream forward and onto the floor at my feet. It sounded as if an entire shelf fell apart. It was as if time stopped...and suddenly they were all done falling and I was left standing with one can of shaving cream in my hand and probably 100 at my feet. People must have come from the entire store to see what happened because I think everyone peeked around the corner to see what happened. The lady in the asile across from where I was told me to just run. As I went up to the check out, I suddenly felt very uncomfortable buying shaving cream because someone (ME!) left 100 of them on the floor. When I got up there, I heard on the cashier's radio.."Uh, someone must have ripped the shaving cream cans off the shelf because they are all on the floor. We are going to need some help. Anyone free?" I just looked at her, smiled, and ran out to the car. I think they probably have my picture posted in Target. I'll probably stick to Wal-Mart until the whole thing blows over!

2 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

TOO funny! :) I will think of you everytime I buy shaving cream from now on! :) Love you!

Emma and Greg said...

I can just picture that slow motion reaction... NOOOOO! I wish I had been there:) And FYI... I did hear on the radio of some woman ripping shaving cream cans off shelves nation wide! They said she is about 5'7"-5'8" blonde-ish hair, was seen fleeing the seen with three hostages... a man and two very cute children :) She is now wanted in several states and the surrounding areas of Indianapolis... Shew! Watcha out Kacina this woman could be trying to frame you ;) Love and miss you pretty lady! I hope all is well and cant wait to see your new house! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails