The day before Christmas Eve I went to Emma's for dinner and to catch up with my favorite friends who always know how to make me laugh. Emma and Jill drew letters of the alphabet to determine what we would bring. I had to bring a side dish that started with 'M'. After much debating between Mary's Salad and Meatballs...meatballs won out. It was so nice to see everyone because we are all so busy and live so far apart the time together is great! Of course Jill made me talk about Kim Dushane, my fundamental movements professor, that made me do unthinkable things during class when I was pregnant. We had to do all kinds of movements like skip, hop, shoot lay ups...you know basic stuff that is not at all what eight month pregnant women should be doing. Megan recounted how he would call out to our class, "Watch out for Kacina. She's pregnant." As if the belly didn't give it away. Memories I had forgotten about until we began reminiscing. Then to top it off, I wore Emma's super snuggie. I say super because it was crazy fuzzy and thick. And it looked like a bright red choir robe...or Santa Clause. I'm not sure which one but I know it didn't look cool because Emma made me take a picture in it by the Christmas Tree. You know you don't look cool when someone tells you they want to take your picture while they laugh. I know it was done in love...and I hope that picture never surfaces. It was a wonderful evening. Thanks to Emma for being our awesome hostess!
The holidays are often bitter sweat for us. We love seeing our families and spending time with those that matter most. However, it means several days of rushing here and there and not really spending much quality time with anyone because we are so busy trying to split out time among everyone. Luckily, this year it turned out that we only had one place to be Christmas Eve, two places Christmas Day, and one place the day after Christmas.
Now we are home and enjoying some relaxation before having to head back to work next week. The girls are loving all their new gifts that Santa brought. Last night we finally got everything put away and got our house back together after the tornado that swept through here when we brought all those new gifts home. Thanks a million to my mom that drove all the way to Noblesville to help us bring back all of our stuff(because we couldn't fit all of our gifts in one car!)
I can't wait to just sit around this week and clean my house! If you are in town, feel free to stop by. Have a safe and happy New Year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment