Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Projects

Yesterday I walked into a second grade classroom and smell of cinnamon filled the room. It was so delightful because it smelled like the holidays!  Mrs. Diaz showed me the ornaments her class made.  It looked like such a fun project, I had to steal the idea for my own children at home.  It is always great when you can find simple projects for a 4 and a 6 year old to do!
These are not finished yet, but I am too excited about them not to share with you:
They smell so good!  After they dry and harden, we will paint them and then add ribbon through the holes so they can be hung on the Christmas tree.  I will definitely share our final pictures with you!  Here is the recipe if you are interested:  (this recipe made 12 cutouts)
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 1/2 cups cinnamon
about 3 to 4 tablespoons white glue

I hope you have as much fun as we have with this project!  My kids loved getting their hands dirty with the dough.  It is super simple clean up and not a lot of mess.  Have fun!

1 comment:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Just made these with my class yesterday. Love them! :) Miss you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails