Saturday, October 16, 2010

Switching to La Croix

This week I decided to make a switch and stop drinking pop.  I decided to switch to La Croix sparkling water.  One of my good friends that I work with has one everyday so naturally, I thought it would be a good choice.  There are no calories, no sodium, no sweetener, etc.  


Jason told me that it was horrible and I wouldn't like it.  I told him that I love sparking water.  I proceeded to tell him about when I was younger, I used to buy Clearly Canadian sparkling water all the time.  In my mind, this was going to be just like that.  I would love it.  And it would probably bring back some childhood memories of drinking sparkling water.  How perfect!
Then, as I was clipping my weekly coupons, I found two coupons for La Croix-$1.25 off a 12 pack.  Now it was like a sign from above that I should get this.  Each 12 pack is only $3.48 minus the $1.25 times two coupons.  So I would only spend $4.46 for 24 cans of this awesomeness.  That is so much cheaper than pop!  
When I went to the store last night, I bought my 24 cans and used my amazing coupons.  I put them in the fridge and let them get nice and cold.  Today, I opened one and tried it for the first time.

All of my excitement left at that moment.  It was horrible.  It must be an acquired taste...like beer.  But I still can't seem to acquire that taste so I might be out of luck.


The really hard part is that now I have to admit to Jason that he was right.  

2 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Gosh I wish I could have watched you take the first drink....trying so hard to love it...makes me laugh thinking about it! :)

Jason and Kacina said...

haha. you are so right! I tried (and am still trying) so hard to love it. I still have 23 cans to make it through!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails