Thursday, July 29, 2010

The sports triathlon that nearly killed me

You know how they say things happen for a reason?  Well, I am pretty sure there was a reason that I decided to Google me yesterday.  More importantly, happy that I didn't find my address, city, and other personal information for everyone to find.
Yesterday Jason and I were outside playing in the yard.  Yes, playing.  He thinks I am some kind of sports idiot and I wanted to prove him wrong.  He got out his bat and of course asks, "Do you even know how to swing a bat?"  Who the heck doesn't know how to swing a bat?  If can accomplish the task of hitting the ball, does it matter how I swing the bat?
As if that wasn't fun enough, he decides he wants to get out one of his golf clubs. His golf clubs that live in my trunk...which are always.in.my.way!  I get my keys to open my trunk so he can get a club and then set my keys on top of his car while my trunk is open.  "Do you even know how to hit a golf ball?"  Of course I know how to hit a golf ball.  It may not always go where I want it to go, but the stinkin' ball gets hit.  I'm shocked that he even let me touch his club.  When I got him a new driver, he wouldn't let me use it, or hold it for that matter, because he said I would probably scuff it on the ground.  Which is probably true.
Then came the soccer ball.  "Do you even know how to kick a soccer ball?"  Yes, I know how to kick a soccer ball.  I'm not a little kid who is learning how to play sports for the first time.  I've taken gym classes before in my life.
After our sports triathlon, Ryan showed up to pick up Jason to run some errands.  They left.  I closed my trunk and garage door.  And went inside.
Jason left for work this morning and came back inside with something in his hand.

"You left your keys on top of my car all night."  Oops!

My car keys also have keys to my house on them. So if someone was looking for me and Googled my name, had my address been listed...they could have gotten me last night and I would be a goner.  Thank goodness the Internet can't track me down!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails