Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Google me

Hmm.  I'm trying to figure out a way to make, "I googled my own name" sound not so weird.  Only there isn't a way so I'll just explain why in the heck I did that.  You know how you can find absolutely anything on the Internet?   That is the reason I googled my own name.  I wanted to see how easy it was to find me.  
Here are the things you can find out about me on the Internet:  I am an elementary school teacher, I graduated high school in 2001, I was on the Dean's list at Manchester College, and I have a lot of responsibilities on our InSAI team at school.  And for $2.95 you can find out my possible contact information... apparently because I am so evasive even the Internet can't track me down.  There are some sites that will list your age, city, address and known relatives.  Luckily, they don't know my age or have my correct city.  
I don't like the fact that you can search and find out anything about anyone on the Internet.  There are some real creeps in the world...not that I think anyone is trying to get me because I think they'd bring be right back after a short time.  But I certainly don't want just any old Joe to be able to find my information.  I feel pretty safe in the amount of information I didn't find about myself.  However, I did stumble upon the fact that there is only one person in the United States with the name Kacina Pfeiffer, and that's me.  I also learned that the ancestors of my in-laws may have been pipe players according to this information:
Pfeiffer:  German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): from an agent derivative of Middle High German pfif(e), German Pfeife‘whistle’, ‘pipe’, hence an occupational name for a pipe player.
Too bad your name doesn't represent your occupation still.  Because I would love to see Jason as a pipe player.  


What can you learn about yourself on the Internet? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails