I walked into the girls room today and found Kaitlyn's name written perfectly. I was so proud because we have been working so hard on her name and making sure that her 'a' looks like an 'a' and not a 'q'. Unfortunately, my pride was short lived when I realized that I was looking at her perfectly printed name on the back of her bedroom door in red crayon. I asked her who wrote it and of course she told me Kinsey did, which I knew was not true. So of course she got in trouble for writing on the door. By trouble, I mean she had to sit on her bed for four minutes. During that four minutes, she began crying so hard that she gave herself a bloody nose. She came running out of her bedroom in a panic with blood running down her little face. I felt like the worst mother alive and figured things like that would not get me nominated for Mother of the Year.Kaitlyn hasn't exactly had the easiest week this week. Let me start by saying that Kaitlyn loves playing dress up. She is in dress up clothes more often than regular clothes and if you come to visit, she will show you every single piece of dress up clothing she has. Along with her dress up clothes, she likes to play in her old Halloween costumes. On Monday, she got down this old costume to play in:
She had a great time. So great, in fact, that she fell asleep laying backwards in Kinsey's bed in this costume. When she woke up, I noticed that something was wrong with her right eye. It was very red and swollen. I immediately thought she had pink eye. I took her straight to the doctor, who confirmed that yes, she had pink eye. On the way home Kaitlyn told me that the duck must have bitten her eye and that's why she had pink eye. I laughed and agreed the way mothers have to when kids say something ridiculously cute that only a four year old would think of. I spent the rest of the day washing every stitch of bedding and everything else in hot water.
When Jason got home Kaitlyn had to show him her eye and explain her rationalization of how she got pink eye. Only, she has to explain by showing, not just telling. She ran in her bedroom and put on her duck costume again to show him exactly what she meant. We jokingly told her that she better take it off before he bites her other eye.
After dinner, we notice that Kaitlyn's left eye looked really swollen. And wouldn't you know that her other eye got infected. Now she really believes that the duck bit her eye. After that, I took the costume and put it in the garage because I'm kind of starting to believe Kaitlyn about being bitten by the duck!

No comments:
Post a Comment