Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Whoppin' Five Dollars

Nothing is better than a bargain. I love to find great deals. However, when Jason gave me a five dollar limit to get a bathing suit, I told him it was impossible.
We spent this past weekend in Fort Wayne for Father's Day. Kinsey and Kaitlyn love to play on the slip n' slide at my mom's house. I also thought I would take them to the pool while we were in town so I had my bathing suit with me. As we were leaving Fort Wayne, in a hurry for some reason unknown to me, I forgot to grab my bathing suit off of the door in my mom's bathroom. I did not realize it until the following day when I was two hours away and getting ready to take the girls swimming. Now what? I had to take them to the pool or there would have been a three year old melt down that I wanted no part of... and a really big goal of mine is to get a tan this summer.
I went to my drawers and found an old bathing suit that I wore a few years ago...I quickly found it that it does not fit well anymore. But I wore it anyway ... for the kids. That evening I find out that my best pal Kellie is having a pool party on Tuesday. Of course, she would have this when I don't have a bathing suit that I like. Jason really wanted to go so he could hang out with Ryan so he told me to just go buy a new one---for $5.00. I told him this was impossible but I would go to Target and see what I could find. At first glance I thought for I didn't see anything under $20. However, after searching through the sale racks, I found a very cute navy and white polka dotted top for $4.98. Not a bad deal but I still needed bottoms to match. Suddenly, on a rack all by themselves (I think there was a beam of light from heaven illuminating them), I found solid navy blue bottoms that matched the top. The price tag on them said $0.00. They were part of another bathing suit that was not in sight. So I took them to go with my $4.98 top.
I did it..I found a bathing suit for a whoppin' five dollars. I was shocked but found out it can be done! Happy Shopping :)

2 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

That is seriously awesome! You've got some good karma Miss Kacina! :) XOXO

Emma and Greg said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!? This is amazing and dumbfounding all in one blow... Congrats on the new bathing suit and KUDOS on harnessing your super power shopping skill :) Love and miss yoU!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails