Anyone that knows my girls, knows that they are not shy. Both girls, especially Kinsey, will make friends with any child or adult they come in contact with. For the most part, I feel that this "outgoingness" is a good quality for the them to have. It has been good for them because they have made many friends at the pool as we have spent almost everyday there.
Last weeks regular trip to the pool turned awkward as a new family joined and gave a little peep show. Now, I believe there is a time and a place for everything. However, I do not feel that sitting on the edge of a kiddie pool with ten children around is the right place to breastfeed a toddler sized child. As she made no attempt to cover herself, who do you think finds the time to talk to this woman? Of course, one of my children! Clearly, this puts me out of my comfort zone-which I hate (even though I lied in an interview once and said I like to be out of my comfort zone...we all know how that turned out).
Trying not to draw attention to the situation, I try to draw Kinsey's attention over to me...clear across the pool. She wanted to know what this woman was doing to the baby. I am now forced to walk over and guide Kinsey away, which was even worse because she had no clue why I didn't want her over there.
I know that some women are totally comfortable with this but I am not...not in public anyway. There was a locker room not even 10 feet away or she could have covered herself. I think they make special coverings specifically for breastfeeding, which would have been fine. Am I just crazy or would this have bothered you?
1 comment:
If the child can walk its time to STOP breastfeeding! And I agree... and dont think you are crazy... I am all for breastfeeding (even in public because when nature calls, it calls), but PLEASE cover up! Is it really neccessary to show everyone what God gave you? :) In fact, I plan on breastfeeding when I have children, but not at a public pool with my ta-tas hanging out for the world to see... unless it is for a convention or "How to Session" on breastfeeding 101. So, in a nutshell breastfeeding is good :) but peep shows are not! Love and miss you Kacina! PS: you have the best blogging stories EVER :)
Post a Comment