Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Randomness

1.  Jason and I decided to seize the day and buy a new TV.  A really large 55" TV.  It didn't look that big in the store...and then we got it home.  This was a huge purchase for us considering the last TV we bought was in 2002.  We figured it was time.  I honestly think I was more nervous about this purchase than I was when we built our house!  Please excuse the Disney show on the TV.  It seems to rule our house!

2.  I'm getting my hair done tomorrow.  Last week I had coffee with my best friend from high school and lunch with my friends from college.  When I told them I was getting my hair cut and colored, they were not surprised at that.  They were, however, surprised that it had been six and a half years since I had it colored.  When I told people that have only known me since I've been out of college that I was getting my hair colored, they were shocked.  And reactions were like, "Really?  Colored too?"  I felt like following up with, "Well, in my former life...I did cool things."

3.  Jason and I went to Finish Line to buy Kinsey some new shoes.  I was super confident going in there because I spent my whole high school and part of college working there.  When we got to the register to pay, I pulled out my coupon filer and slapped down a $10 off coupon.  My excitement was cut short when the very young cashier whispered that she slipped some coupons into my bag to put in my filer.  Jason told me she was totally making fun of my coupon filer.  Come to find out coupon filers are acceptable at the grocery store where everyone else has one.  Not at Finish Line where the average age is 18.

4.  Last Christmas Jason and I ended up with a his and her set of Snuggies from a take away game we play with his family.  We thought that we would never use them.  I have to admit that we (mostly me) use them almost every night!  The girls even love them.  We decided to get them each kids Snuggies for Christmas.  I laugh at the thought of a family picture of the four of us sitting in our living room in our Snuggies.  Maybe that will be our picture for next year's holiday card!

5.  My dad got me a bench I've been looking at drooling over at Target online.  It has cushions on top so you can sit on it and baskets below to store stuff in.  Ironically, it's perfect for our Snuggies.  It was very easy to put together...until I realized that I put the slats in backwards and had to take it all apart and redo it.  Apparently, it's also good for sleeping.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails