I was not able to take her to the appointment so Jason braved it by himself. I called him as soon as I got my students on their buses to see how she did.
Kaitlyn answered the phone as happy as could be. I asked her if she cried and she responded so cheerfully that she did not cry at all. Jason later told me that she smiled through all four shots! Kaitlyn went on to tell me that she got four band aids, a sucker, a sticker, and a milk shake. She explained that the shots didn't hurt. However, her only problem with the whole check up, wasn't the four shots, but the fact that the doctor had to check her "girl parts." I admit that in my mind, I wanted to tell her that that part doesn't get any better!
She weighed in at a whopping 34 pounds! She ranked in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height.
Some of her important milestones that she has tackled/is working on right now are:
- writing and spelling her first and last name
- reading color words
- reading number words
- recognizing numbers 0-100
- spelling and writing words in the -at family
- spelling and recognizing other early sight words
- reading simple decodable readers
- loves pretend play (especially dress up and Barbies)
- writes stories using pictures
- reciting home address
We are so excited to see what her first year in school brings next year as a kindergartner! I am excited that she too, like Kinsey, will have half of her school day (math, science, and cultural studies) taught completely in Spanish.
Both of the girls are learning and growing so quickly. I love watching them grow as individuals and learn about the world, but I sure do miss having little babies...
No comments:
Post a Comment