Apparently, my file in HR is missing my Praxis II scores. Let me tell you...they have been missing them for about five years and just now realized it. Of course, now they want documentation of my scores. This is annoying because #1 I have obviously taken and passed Praxis II because I have a valid teaching license and #2 I took this stinking test in 2004 #3 I got rid of my scores when I received my teaching license.
Because they gave a deadline as to when these had to be submitted, I panicked because the deadline was only about two weeks away! I quickly called ETS, the testing company, and asked if I could get access to my scores online. I mean surely it would be that easy. Wrong. Dead wrong.
The customer service lady nicely explained that since I took the test so long ago, they would have to mail me a copy. She explained that it would only take 10 business days for me to receive them. Then, she continued with what felt like a final slap in the face. It would only cost $40.00.
Seriously? $40.00? For that price, I'd hope they come laced in gold with my scores bedazzled in little diamonds and have a nice leather carrying case for them. I sat on the phone with this lady fumbling for words for about five minutes after the $40.00 comment. I went blank. I told her I would call back if I needed them.
Obviously I needed them! There was a deadline! I sat with my phone in my hand and my credit card in the other for about an hour. I'd call. Hangup. Call back. Hang up. I finally realized that there was no way around it. I needed to call and order them right away so they would be here before the deadline. At 7:50 I called back ready to order. I got the following message, "We are currently closed. Our normal business hours are from 8:00am to 7:45pm. Please call back during normal business hours." Really? Who closes at 7:45? Why not 8:00?
I took it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to order them. I decided that I would just order them in the morning. When I got to school, someone mentioned calling the Indiana Department of Education. That made sense because I had to submit my scores to them to get my license. I called DOE and the extremely nice lady said it was no problem. All I had to do was email someone and request my scores. I checked my email yesterday and I received them in about two days! For free.
No comments:
Post a Comment