There are some things in this world that I think could only happen to me. I'm talking about life altering situations that not many other people experience, at least not to my knowledge...not like this. Let's see...where should I even begin?
Our school has some pretty fancy chairs. They are not like any school chair. They have two L-shaped legs that helps prevent students from tipping back on them and falling. Sounds like a wonderful idea right? Another fact worth noting is that the seat and back are two separate pieces. On to the point...Wednesday was our parent/teacher conference night. I had parents come in and sit at my back table-a table that has fancy chairs around it. So one of my parents comes in and we both sit down. I notice that MY chair is a little wobbly. I don't really think much of it so I just start talking about grades. I notice that I'm starting to fall a tad bit to the right. Of course to balance myself, I lean all of my weight to the left. Bad move! What I wish I knew five minutes earlier is that two of the screws were missing. So when I shifted my weight to the opposite side, the whole seat fell off, leaving me on the floor!! Yes, I fell off the freaking chair...landed on the floor...WHILE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PARENT CONFERENCE!! I quickly realized there is no cool way to redeem yourself after an incident like that. Luckily our conferences are only fifteen minutes. Needless to say, I quickly gave her the scoop and wanted to move on!
As if I hadn't had enough excitement Wednesday, you know with falling off of a chair in all (IN FRONT OF A PARENT). I was so ready to go home. I have been sick and had a horrible cough all week. Then talking all day at conferences really didn't make my throat feel any better. I went home and wanted to take some night time medicine. I rummaged through our medicine cabinet for anything that was for PM. I found some Tylenol pm liquid. Probably as fast as I could, I read the directions to see how much I needed to take. As I filled the cap, I knew it was going to taste horrible. I took the whole shot, which tasted like pure alcohol. I laid down and tried to relax. All of a sudden my stomach started to feel really bad and I felt like I was going to get sick. I went back and looked at the label again to make sure I took the right dose. It would be my luck to OD on Tylenol pm. But I didn't, I took the right amount. However, I did stumble on the expiration date. Of course, it was EXPIRED!! Now, just a day before I was talking to someone very close to my heart, someone who shall remain nameless, and they said that expiration dates don't really matter. As I was feeling very ill, I started to doubt this advice. I thought for sure I was a goner. I knew I would fall asleep, with my last memory of me falling off of a chair during parent conferences, and never wake up. SPOILER ALERT... I did wake up and lived to blog about it. So maybe expired medicine isn't so bad after all.
For all you teachers out there...I sincerely hope you do not fall off of any chairs during your conferences!
1 comment:
I am dying over here! SOOO funny Kacina! :) I bet you wanted to crawl in a hole. I thank goodness that you didnt become a drugger on the tylenol...Love you and miss you! The pictures you sent me were of you doing cider not bob! :)
Post a Comment