Friday, October 24, 2008

I Baked A Cake, Went Blog Lurking, and Have a Prayer Request

You're probably expecting a blog raving about how awesome my oriental salad was with my new found recipe in my email inbox. Not quite. Since I don't have the secret recipe from Mary's messengers, I had to do something different. Today is Jason's birthday (Happy Birthday Jason!) so I baked him a cake. Not just any cake...a double layer, strawberry chocolate chip cake. It was delicious!

In other blogging news...
I have recently found myself blog lurking (real word I swear) lately. Not in a creepy, stalker way. In a way that I have a heightened sense and awareness of how other people write. I know it's a little weird but I'm fascinated by how people write. Put that on your list of "Things I didn't know about Kacina." There are two things that have really inspired my writing lately: 1. Kayla Aimee's blog (no idea who she is...found her by blog lurking) 2. Dave Berry commentary (if you have never read any of his commentary, you should). Of course, in my own writer's notebook, I try to imitate writing like author's I enjoy reading. And of course, I share my most writings with my 6th graders to show them that I practice what I preach--most of the time. They only think I'm a little crazy, so I can live with that as long as my stories and passion inspire them to write.

Prayer request...
I was told "don't be alarmed." Well, as soon as you say those words the first thing I'm going to do is BE ALARMED! We, as in IPS school district, found out that they are going to rift about 350 teachers and are closing six elementary schools (not my school). They said it could affect 3rd and 4th year teachers. Lucky me! I never get picked for anything, kind of like how the fat kid (that was me) gets picked last for kick ball at recess..wouldn't you know this is the time I may get picked to go first. Of course, with big news comes lots of rumors and speculation. I'm trying hard not to freak out so please just keep the teachers that may be affected by this rift in your prayers. Thank you!

Happy blogging and enjoy some new music I added :)

2 comments:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Okay first of all...I want some of that cake! Secondly, I dont know Kayla Amiee but she is friends with my friend Darcy so we can read her blog all we want :) She's so funny! Third, I am SHOCKED about all the jobs. I certainly will be praying for you and hoping that lots of people will retire/things change drastically. Because I am feeling so bad about your job situation I am going to cave and give you Mary HOSTETLER's recipe! Love you and miss you! I had so much fun with you too...cant wait to do it again!

Aunt Denny asked for your address and I gave it to her....hope thats okay!! :)

Bran ♥ said...

i love that picture of your girls with the scarecrows! how adorable! :)

and i will keep you in my prayers about the job situation. keep your head up and have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails