Half of the bridesmaids getting their hair done at In Touch. The best part was when Emma told Luella that she looked like she "just came out of a magical forest." Although, I have to say that her hair was pretty whimsical and she did look great! Great job Lula :)
Here are all nine bridesmaids and the blushing bride just before taking pictures.
This is Emma doing her Spanx dance after Abbey so nicely put on Emma's underwear for her. She was so pumped that the only way to express her joy was through dance.
Ten minutes until the wedding starts! *What you don't see is me frantically trying to sew a panel into Luella's dress so there was no peep show on Emma's big day. My melons, if you will, were a little too big for my dress. I didn't know what to do. I tried it on for Emma months earlier and we decided that something drastic had to be done because it was not pretty. Abbey so kindly donated her extra fabric that she had hemmed off of the bottom of her dress and I used it to sew a panel into my dress. It looked great and you couldn't even tell it wasn't supposed to be that way. So I brought all of my sewing materials the day of the wedding just in case anyone else had trouble with their "melons" too. It all worked out great and there was no peep show!

Don't let these faces fool you. I would like to let the world know here and now that these four sisters are dangerous. They have been keeping a secret recipe from me that a very dear friend of mine told them to pass along to me. Mary (not sure of Mary's last name), nonetheless someone close to my heart, stated that she "gave all the girls the recipe" to my favorite oriental salad that she makes. See, Mary seeks me out at the Gallmeyer weddings and lets me take home the extra oriental salad. Luckily she was at Emma's wedding so she could set the record straight and tell me that I should in fact have this in my hands. Gallmeyers, Juday, and Luckey, my email address is kacina.pfeiffer@gmail.com and I should see this recipe in my inbox tomorrow ;)
****Funny Note****
As I'm so diligently blogging like a good blogger, Jason just got home and had this conversation with Kaitlyn:
Jason: Hi KK! What did you guys have for dinner?
Kaitlyn: (in a perfect two year old voice) Toilet rolls
Jason: TOILET ROLLS? (to me) Hunnie, why are you feeding them toilet rolls?
Me: Huh? (to Kaitlyn) What did we have for dinner?
Kaitlyn: Toilet rolls.
Jason: Kinsey, what did you guys have for dinner?
Kinsey: Tootsie rolls
Me: That's not at all what we had. We had meet and cheese roll ups. (I think they were trying to say tortilla rolls. We practiced that word as I was making them)
In other blogging news....
Last weekend I met up with Emma, and little did I know that she was going to treat me to the best weekend EVER. Emma and Greg too me to a great Mexican restaurant, El Mosquito (or something like that), in Manchester. Then I went with Emma to her mom's house where we made delicious brownies. After that it was to the Gallmeyer's for a little thing I like to call "cider pressin." There were thousands of apples everywhere. I really stepped up to the plate and got down and dirty right away. I was a little nervous at first but I was probably the best presser out there...aside from grandpa Bob. I feel like we really had a great system going. Emma won strainer of year, I won presser of the year, and Ron and Grandpa Bob won best teammates of the year. Jill, Amy, and Emily did a good job too but no awards were won. Megan lost lots of cider while pouring...it went all over my hands. (Just kidding Meg..you did a great pouring job. I didn't see anyone else that wanted to step up to the pouring plate).
I told everyone I know about my apple cider and made everyone I know try it. The response was a very positive one and I will probably start pressing my own cider from now on. I am really looking forward to the next season with the Gallmeyer family! Thanks to Jill, Megan, Emily, Amy, and Emma for letting me be a part of this awesome night. You guys are the best :)
Well, I hope everyone has a great week! I am very excited because we only have school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then we are on fall break! Love you all :)
2 comments:
Seriously cracked me up! I especially loved the part that talked about Mary...your special friend....and you didnt even know her last name! :) I had so much fun with you this weekend! Miss you already!
Yay! I got a shout out! KK, it was SO much fun this past weekend; I hadn't laughed that hard in a really long time, my stomach actually was sore on Sunday from so much laughin! Mary said she was really proud and grateful to you for fixing my dress and not letting everyone see my "melons", and she said if you want to try pumpkin pie makin with real pumpkins just come on over! Love you!
Post a Comment