Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Tooth Fairy's mailing address

Jason and I try to be the best Tooth Fairies we can possibly be.  However, sometimes, it's a pretty tough job and last night was no exception.
It sounds like an easy gig, I know.  Sneak in to a dark bedroom, trip over the only toys in the room that always hurt your feet (or make obscenely loud noises), feel around under a pillow, replace a tooth with a gold dollar (well, that's what this tooth fairy uses), all while trying not to wake a sleeping child.  What could possible go wrong?
What could go wrong is that the child might not be the calmest sleeper in the world and somehow lose the little bag the tooth is in from the time you put her to bed to the time you go in and try to replace it with money.  Such was the case last night when I tried to do my tooth fairy duties.  I could not find that tooth anywhere!  I searched until she started to stir and then the heck out of there.  I even sent my back up fairy (Jason) in to try to find it.  We had no luck.  We left the gold dollar under her pillow and knew we would have some damage control in the morning.
When we woke up, Kinsey was as happy as could be with her gold dollar.  It was Kaitlyn, however, that was distraught by the fact that the tooth fairy did not take Kinsey's tooth.  In a very sleepy voice, rubbing her eyes with one little fist, she holds up the little tooth bag with the other and says, "Do you know how to mail this tooth to the Tooth Fairy?  She forgot it."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails