- Setting up a new life insurance policy for myself ü This is something that's been on my to-do list for about nine weeks now. Good thing I'm still alive and kickin'.
- Finalize & close all bank accounts at our old bank to complete the transfer to the new bank ü After standing in line behind one person for almost 20 minutes with two children in tow, I was not upset to bid this bank adieu. I know it's not the bank's fault the person in front of me couldn't make up her mind, but it is frustrating when the line is almost out the door and there is only one teller anywhere to be found.
- Try a bubble painting project outside with the girls ü Although we did complete this project, it didn't turn out like I'd hoped. I read some fun craft projects online for the girls to try during our time off, and this one sounded fun. It also helped that all we needed were bubbles and food coloring (both things I happened to have). I don't know if you've ever tried to blow bubbles and intentionally try to get them to land on a piece of paper, but it is almost impossible. We ended up putting the paper on the ground and blowing the bubbles directly onto the paper while hovering about 5 inches above the darn thing. Since it was breezy, of course the bubbles kept blowing away, thus not creating any kind of cool design on our papers. I am also positive that our neighbor was not watching her dog do his business outside, but was instead staring at us to see what the heck we were trying to accomplish. To which I answer, absolutely nothing, neighbor lady.
- Let the girls make their own mini pizzas for lunch (the recipe is on my recipe page) ü This is always a success. A delicious success. If you have children that love to help in the kitchen, I highly suggest trying out the recipe with them. It is super simple, quick, and fun!
- Take the girls to the park to play ü Man did I get eyeballed today! Let me remind you that my children and I do not attend and teach in the same school district that we actually live in. So when I was in public with a kindergartner and a second grader (who were not in school), I got some funny looks. We were asked by four people...yes, FOUR...if we were skipping school to enjoy the beautiful day. To which I laughed to myself and thought about how Kinsey cried last year when she had to leave school two hours early because she was deathly sick. There is no way she would ever miss school intentionally and ruin a perfect attendance record that would jeopardize her end of the year awards. Second, do I really look like or come off as the kind of parent who would let their kids skip school; to go to the park no less? I kept looking around the park half expecting police to jump out from behind the benches and ambush me for truancy. The other park parents probably feared for the safety of my children (and theirs) as I looked around very paranoid, like I shouldn't have been there or just broke the law and ran to the closest park I could find. I should have pulled out my cell phone and started talking in code and then ended it with, "They'll never find us here." I'm constantly amazed with how interested people can be in a total stranger's life.
- Make cupcakes with the girls ü In my mind, this is always a good time. What child, or adult for that matter, doesn't love frosting the perfect cupcake, putting on colorful sprinkles, and taking that first bite of a warm, gooey cupcake? Exactly.
- Have the girls work on their homework packets from school ü Yep, this was about as fun as it sounds. But...mission accomplished. I guess all that fun has to be balanced out with something.
Yesterday, Kaitlyn told Jason and I that she only falls asleep and takes a nap when she's "had a really busy day and worked really hard like at school and stuff."
Judging by those standards, today was a very successful day :)





No comments:
Post a Comment