Caught: Yesterday morning I was listening to the Riley Radiothon. They broadcast from Riley Childrens Hospital all day. Parents and children share their heartbreaking stories and testimonials all set to moving country songs. It tugs at your heart strings and makes you want to pick up your phone and call immediately. Every year, I cry on my way to work listening to the Riley Radiothon and the trials these families and children go through. Yesterday was no exception. I was crying. Streaming tears down my face. I had my phone in my hand ready to call to be a miracle maker for these children. All of a sudden, I was being pulled over. Flashing lights and all. The officer comes up to my window and sees that obviously I am crying. He asked if there was a reason I was going so fast through a school zone (ironic?). I tried to explain that I just wanted to be a miracle maker for kids and didn't realize how fast I was going. He looked at me very puzzled and let me go with a verbal warning.
New and Exciting: I've been trying new recipes every week for a while now. Today, I am making baked potato soup in the crock pot. I've been sampling it as it cooks and it is delicious!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Directions
1. Prick potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh (while the others are cooking).
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened.
3. Pour thickened butter, flour, and milk into crock pot. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup bacon bits, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
4. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened.
3. Pour thickened butter, flour, and milk into crock pot. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup bacon bits, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
4. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment