#1 I would like to state that I thought Obama's speech was wonderful. It was everything that I, as a parent and teacher, want for my own children and students. I believe wholeheartedly that our youth needs to hear those messages! Our kindergarten buddies joined my 6th graders to watch the speech and they were able to talk to the little people about it which was very helpful. As Kinsey said, "I really liked that movie today."
#2 I must admit that my heart is aching tonight. I can't really talk about details but I will say that I feel like I am struggling to find a balance of sympathy while still maintaining high expectations. Just once...just once I want to let someone from the outside in to our world of teaching and show them a glimpse of the reality that our children deal with. I want to show everyone the big picture that teaching isn't just a job for us. It follows us home at night, makes us worry sick about the well being of our students as if they were our own children, allows us to find peace within ourselves when that moment of pure learning happens, surprises you with joy when you least expect it, and sometimes...sometimes it makes your heart ache.
No comments:
Post a Comment