Sunday, July 26, 2009

Who knew one pampered chef party had all this fun packed in


Thank you to Emma Hetrick for a wonderful Pampered Chef party! First things first...Greg and Emma's house is beautiful and I want it for myself (which takes me to a completely unrelated topic far from Pampered Chef in our battle to find a new house) With that off my chest I can talk about new kitchen items, delicious food, practical jokes, and baby talk.
I am super excited about the things I ordered from Pampered Chef. I got a pineapple wedge so I can slice and core fresh pineapple(my favorite)hassle free, a mix n' chop (which I'm told I can't live without), and a few new orange peelers because mine has mysteriously come up missing at school. I decided to pass on the corn kernel cutter for now even though I might need it soon (that's a whole separate post in itself). Among all this excitement of new supplies, I also decided to host a Pampered Chef party in August. So I have order forms if anyone would like anything from Pampered Chef if you're not able to attend the party.
Our wonderful host made a delicious meal of .... some kind of chicken and pasta. As I was eating my pasta and little tartlets, minding my own business thinking how cool the mix n' chop was, I look down and notice that someone has slipped a little cookbook into my purse. A cookbook that our host specifically told Jill was for prizes later on in the demonstration. Of course, I knew right away that Jill was trying to punk me and make me look like the disobedient one. I calmly put the cookbook back where it belonged. A few moments later our host began demonstrating how the pineapple wedge worked. When she was finished she asked the perfect question, "Does anybody want to gnaw on the pineapple core? At the last party someone wanted to chew on the core." Naturally, I pointed to Jill and told our host that she wanted to gnaw on it. Because who doesn't chew on fruit cores? She believed me and I laughed at my revenge from the cookbook scandal that Jill tried to pull.
In hindsight, I might be sorry that I decided to pass on the kernel cutter mentioned above. I know it's getting close to some season where the Gallmeyer's shuck, can, scoop, freeze corn or something like. All I know is that this kernel cutter at the Pampered Chef party was all the rage. The last time I went with the Gallmeyer's I ended up on a Cider press with Grandpa Bob chugging cider straight from the gallon jug with a piece of straw hanging out of my mouth (just a slight exaggeration...it was a half gallon jug). I felt like I was really missing out by leading such a city life, so I went straight to Amazon.com to search for deals on a cider press I could set up in my backyard and start having Kinsey and Kaitlyn pick apples for it. Needless to say, I didn't find one that was easily packaged and shipped so the bottom fell out on that deal. I resumed my city life and now that I know it's almost corn season, it took me back to my cider pressing day. That's why I really should have bought the kernel cutter because I couldn't get the cider press. I just hope they freeze me one bag..even a baby bag of sweet corn since I won't be there with them because I didn't buy the appropriate tools. However, if they happen to wait until after August 23rd, I can buy a kernel cutter at my Pampered Chef party and join them in corn madness.
The rest of the party was a hit too. Even though little Blake Libey wasn't there I was glad Kamie was there so we could talk about babies. Hearing her talk about Blake getting kicked out of the nursery where she works out took me back to when Kaitlyn got kicked out of the daycare when she was just six months old for crying. I can totally sympathize. Sometimes babies just don't have the same agenda as adults and sometimes there are adults that just don't sympathize with a fussy baby. Both of my girls were fussy...still are for that matter. The childcare nightmares and searching for one that you trust is all part of it. You just want to ask them "Are you sure you can handle my children?" As Kamie put it, "Do you want to do a two week trial run just to make sure?" When you are looking for childcare, I think it's almost that you feel you need to get the adult adjusted to your child rather than your child adjusted to the provider. It is such a delicate balance and it's never easy to go back to work after having a baby. Just remember, no one will care for your children the way you care for your children. So if you just had a baby and are going back to work, I wish you all the best.
Great Pampered Chef party Emma! I can't wait for the next one. I'm off to go camping for a few days. Hopefully I won't get eaten by any bears or other exotic animals in the wild. If you don't hear from me by Thursday, call the authorities. I don't know where in the heck we are going...I just know it's far out of my comfort zone away from the city...so just tell them I'm in Northern Indiana somewhere. I'll send a smoke signal or some other distress signal. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Emma and Greg said...

thank you soooo much for coming Miss Kacina! :) it was great to see you and im so glad that you and rhonda could make it! Good luck camping... let me know how it goes :) Love and miss you!

Nick and Jill Juday said...

You seriously outdid yourself with this post! Nick and I laughed SO hard reading it! Gotta know how the camping trip went!

Emma and Greg said...

Miss Kacina :) thank you for the mad props on my hair... yeah im trying to be/sound a little more bad-ass (yeah, its hyphinated...bring it!) with my new short do... :) PS: i dropped your PPC stuff at your moms on wednesday, i hope it go to you okay and that you enjoy the CRAP out of your pineapple wedger :) Talk to you soon pretty lady :) - oh and of course... classy as ever! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails