Monday, July 20, 2009

It's all about the feet

Kaitlyn has been on me to paint her toenails. I am not the best at that job...especially given how incredibly small her toes are. We happened to be in Fort Wayne this past weekend and I met up with Sarah for our routine pedicures. I began to feel really bad thinking about how much Kinsey and Kaitlyn wanted their toenails painted. After Sarah and I finished, I got the girls and took them for their first pedi!! I must admit, they are awful young to begin this habit but I was shocked at how cheap it was for them (just a few dollars) and how much they loved it!
Kinsey-who is normally jumping all over the place, talking a mile a minute-sat as quiet and still as she could be. She watched so intently as they scrubbed her feet and painted her toes. She never said a word! Kaitlyn on the other hand...
Kaitlyn-who is normally shy as can be, and won't speak to a soul unless she knows you very well-talked to the lady the ENTIRE time. The lady would get one painting one toenail and Kaitlyn would say, "My mom thinks my toes are beautiful. Don't you think they are beautiful, Mommy? What are you doing now? What's your name? Why did you paint my toes? How do you do that? They sure are beautiful! Wow, I am beautiful." After all that, the lady that was painting Kinsey's toes began to paint a flower on hers. Kaitlyn saw that and immediately said, "I want a beautiful flower too because my toes are beautiful." The lady laughed the whole time! Somehow I have a feeling the girls are going to want to go with me every time I have a pedicure.


Naturally, while we were out shopping yesterday, we bought the girls new shoes...that covered up those beautiful toes!

2 comments:

Emma and Greg said...

AWWWWW! Too cute :) You are the best mom ever! And now you all have "beautiful" feet... dont you agree Kaitlyn? :) Love and miss you Kacina!

Nick and Jill Juday said...

I bet they were thrilled! :) What a good mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails