Frankly, I think it's a little creepy that the advertisements on my blog are all about toenail fungus so I'm hoping that this post will change that.
I want to share some really great news that I just received yesterday via email. This is the first year that a few teachers at my building have submitted student work to be considered for publication in the 2009 anthology that is put together by The Indiana Partnership for Young Writers. I am so proud to tell you that we had five students selected to have their work published in the anthology. Hayley Terrell (3rd grade teacher)had one student selected, Daria Parham (4th grade teacher)had one student selected, and I had three students selected from my sixth grade class. There were a total of 185 students from Bloomington, Brownsburg, Carmel, Fishers, Gary, Indianapolis, Nashville and South Bend that will have their work published. I am so excited that five of these authors are from our school :) Congratulations to all of the teachers and authors who were selected!
1 comment:
YEAH!!!!!!! Congrats Miss Kacina! :) That is wonderful and definitely speaks volumes about your teaching skills :) Great job Kacina! And cant wait to see you this weekend :) Love and miss you!
Post a Comment