Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finally updated

First, I finally updated some new recipes.  Check out the favorite recipes tab above for some tasty ideas!

Speaking of healthy recipes, I would like to update you all on our progress.  I have met some of my major health goals.  Many of my health concerns have resolved themselves.  I am BELOW the goal weight that my doctor set for me.  She actually wanted me to meet it within the next six months...I met the goal in one month.  However, I am not quite to my goal weight but I am happy to report that I am now in a healthy BMI range.  My total weight loss, as of today, is 51 pounds.  I have dropped about four pant sizes and am feeling great!  Jason has lost a total of 32 pounds and is still going strong.  Together we have lost two times what our six year old daughter weighs.  Yes, we have lost two Kaitlyn's.

Speaking of Kaitlyn...we just celebrated her 6th birthday!  All she wanted was to go to Pizza Hut for her party.   Good thing we know the big wigs there so we could shut down the entire garden room for a few hours. It was a perfect party!  I put together a butterfly craft for the kids to do.  I used my Cricut to cut out a butterfly pattern, cut two small slits in the body and put in a tootsie pop.  We bought stickers and jewels for them to decorate the  butterfly with and then got googly eyes to stick on the lollipop head.  They were very cute!  We also made cotton candy with the cotton candy maker my mom bought the girls for Christmas.  It was definitely a hit with the kids, and adults.  Maybe more with the adults than the kids.

Other than that, the past month has flown by.  We are keeping busy with work, school, exercising, and laundry as always.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

ashley said...

that is a GREAT accomplishment kacina! i know it takes hard work and a lot of effort! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails