A plateau.
Of course discouragement followed.
My doctor said it would happen.
Weight Watchers said it would happen.
Jason said it would happen.
Everyone I know said it would happen.
It was this week that I began to understand why "they" tell you not to weigh yourself everyday. I felt like I was doing everything right. I have been tracking everything I eat and making sure that I'm eating the right things. I have been such an advocate for myself and Jason by asking questions (probably annoyingly...sorry family and friends) about the way things are prepared and speaking up for us when we need food cooked in a certain way or with particular ingredients.
I have exercised rigorously...despite my ill-hearted feelings for John, the man who does the horrifying ab work out with me and makes me want to punch walls because I hate it so much. I exercised more this week than any other week and still, when I stood on that scale each day, nothing.
But finally, today, a ray of hope. A one pound loss. One glorious pound. That one pound puts my total weight loss at 36 pounds.
Which is awesome because 36 is so much closer to 40 than 35 was. And in 5th grade math, those numbers totally round up to 40.
No comments:
Post a Comment