Friday, December 23, 2011

Has it really been two months?

I can't even begin to explain where the past two months have gone.  So this is going to be a hodge podge of events that have happened.
Health:  Jason and I started our life style change back in October.  We decided it was time to drastically change our eating habits and start regular exercise (the kind that makes you sweat and stuff).  We both have big goals for overall health and weight loss.  Things are going very well. The first few weeks were really hard but now it is just routine and gets easier every day.  I have lost a total of 32 lbs and have made huge improvements in my overall health according to my lab results at my last doctors appointment.  Please pray that we can continue to make huge gains as we have so far.
Christmas Program:  Jason came to school to partake in the annual Christmas program we have at school.  Kinsey sang the twelve days of Christmas with her class (I have a video of it but it isn't very clear so I'm not posting it here...sorry!).  There were different activities for parents to do with their child and stations for them to get their pictures taken.  Kaitlyn had a singing solo and she sang, "Santa Clause is Coming to Town."  The girls absolutely love when Jason comes to school for events so it was a fun day!


Christmas:  Our Christmas was much more relaxed this year than it has been in years past.  We spent Christmas eve with Jason's family, Christmas morning opening gifts from Santa, mid Christmas morning at my dad's house, and Christmas evening with Jason's family.  And yes, that is much more relaxed than it has been in the past...believe it or not.  I don't have any pictures to share from Christmas.  Obviously I took the whole relaxing thing seriously.
After Christmas:  The girls have been asking me for a while now when I was going to buy their snow boots and snow pants.  I kept putting it off (knowing my dad was getting them new snow gear for Christmas) and told them it would have to wait until it snowed.  Luckily, we did not have any accumulating snow until just yesterday.  Kinsey and Kaitlyn were so excited to get all dressed up in their snow stuff and play outside.  They even tried their hand at making the snowman version of the Pfeiffer family.
Today Kinsey went to Eagle Creek nature preserve with the social worker from our school to go bird watching.  She was so excited!  Our social worker brought her granddaughter along as well.  She brought binoculars for them to use to see different kinds of birds and will teach them about the birds as well.  Kinsey has been looking forward to this trip since last summer so she was ecstatic to finally be able to go.

Other than Kaitlyn and I fighting winter sickness...that's all I've got for now.  I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails