Let me tell you a little bit about how my week is going.
Yesterday, I hit a pothole. Not just your regular run-of-the-mill pothole. It was such a huge pothole that I had to immediately drive to the tire place and have both my front and back passenger tires and rims replaced. I thought they were trying to scam me when they rang it up for FOUR tires and rims. I quickly shot that down and explained that I only damaged the two on the passenger side. There was absolutely no reason for me to buy four. I went back and sat quietly in the waiting area until my car was finished. John, the man fixing my car, nicely pulled my car to the door when it was finished. It was at that moment that I realized why they thought it would be a good idea to get four instead of two. Because now I have two different sets of rims on my car. The driver side has factor rims, while the passenger side has brand new aluminum rims. $211.86 later, I drive off with a half set of new wheels. Awesome.
Also, yesterday I wanted to make my favorite southwest chicken pasta dish. My plan was hindered when the deli was out of rotisserie chicken. I did, however, get a coupon from the deli for a free one that I could redeem today.
As I set out on my way to redeem my free rotisserie chicken that was sure to make up for last nights pot hole gone wrong (although, I don't think pot holes can ever go right), I set my purse and keys on the passenger seat to put my coupon away. Just as I shut the door, I realized my keys were still inside and the doors had automatically locked. This problem was compounded by the fact that my spare keys were inside my purse along with my cell phone.
I've come to realize I would make a terrible burglar. I tried everything I know, which is limited to the coat hanger method I've seen in movies, to break into my car to no avail. Unfortunately, I had to call a lock smith to come get my keys out. I watched him very closely to see how he got them out...apparently, all you need are two blood pressure cuffs and a long hook to break in and unlock a car. $77 later, I have my keys back that I spent the previous three hours looking at through my window. Double Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment