Saturday, May 28, 2011

Awards day

Yesterday we had our awards day for students.  Luckily, I was able to slip out of my class for a while so I could see the Kdg.-2nd grade and see Kinsey get a few of her awards.  She didn't see me come in and I don't think she knew I was there.  It was so funny to see her standing up with the other students.  She was pretty much the only one who was not looking at the crowd in every.single.picture.  Each time I tried to get a picture of her, she was turned talking to the person next to her showing them her award (as if theirs didn't look exactly the same as hers).
Here is Kinsey getting an Art Excellence Award.  She is the one turned, holding her award, talking to the person next to her while everyone else is standing quietly waiting for the next name to be called.
Art Award
In this picture she is getting her Scholarship Award.  She is the only one out of line.  She also dropped her award a few times because she was playing with it.  
Scholarship Award
 Here she is getting her award for perfect attendance for 1st semester.  Obviously she is talking to her friend next to her and showing off her award.  
Perfect Attendance Award for 1st semester
 Yet another time she dropped her award because she wasn't standing still.  She was talking to the person next to her again.  
Perfect Attendance Award for 2nd semester
 And finally on the last award, she noticed me and did the biggest picture pose I've ever seen a child do.  Even the parents in front of me made a comment about how she must have spotted me because they noticed her posing.  
Perfect Attendance Award for all year
 Kinsey also won few other awards that I didn't get pictures of.  When she came downstairs and told me she got a "Horny Award" my face was shocked to say the least.  I asked her to clarify and she said it was an award for having straight A's the whole year in every subject.  I said, "You mean an Honor Roll award?"  She agreed, "Yes!  That's what it was."  Thank goodness!  The other would have really concerned me.  She also received a Citizenship Award.  We are so proud of her for all of her hard work in 1st grade!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails