Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a waste of time

After reading a friend's blog over at just1step, I started thinking about what things in my life are a huge waste of time.  If I could manage, without any recourse, I would eliminate the following time wasters in my life:

1)  Grading papers.
Contrary to popular belief, teachers do not love grading papers.

2)  Getting ready for work.
It would be so nice to sleep an extra 45 minutes each day instead of showering and doing my hair.  Besides, I go through all that and I don't really feel I look a whole lot better when I get done anyway!

3)  Doing dishes.
If I thought I could get away with it, I would never waste another moment loading and unloading the dishwasher.  I hate looking at food that someone has eaten off of.  Gross.  Also, I hate when my children don't finish eating something made with bread (sandwiches, toast, biscuits, etc.) and it gets wet and soggy when I rinse it off the plate.  Double gross!

4)  Laundry.
I honestly think I could spend 24 straight hours doing laundry. We might have set a world record for most laundry in one week by a family of four.  Note to self:  Call Guinness Book of World Records

5)  Driving.
There are literally some days that it takes me so long to get to work during rush hour that I think it would have been faster to walk.  It usually takes an hour to get to work and an hour to get home from work (all because of traffic).  Not to mention that when we visit our family, 100 miles away, we drive over two hours each way. Driving stinks!

6)  Picking up toys (mainly stuffed animals and Barbies).
As soon as I get one room picked up, the girls run to another room and get everything out.  We follow this pattern for several hours.  Some days, I think I'm getting punked.

7)  Mowing grass.
I think this is made worse by TruGreen who feels it's necessary to put fertilizer on my grass every time they come by for a visit.  I might tell them to stop visiting so often.

8)  Picking out clothes to wear.
I would rather not waste time on trying to figure out to wear every morning.  Because really, I would much rather just wear my sweats everyday!  I think I would be more effective at my job if I could just be comfortable.

9)  Cooking.
It takes so much time to prepare, eat, and clean up the mess.  This would easily give me an extra hour to hour and a half each day if we just cut out cooking and eating.

10)  Grocery shopping.
Somehow, I always seem to go to the grocery when everyone else in my city goes too.  The aisles are always packed, the lines several people deep with full carts of stuff, and it takes forever to shop!

Oh, the things I could do if I didn't have these ten things taking up my time!

1 comment:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

I love it!!! And I forgot about grocery shopping!! I would love to eliminate grocery shopping. Ugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails