I have to say that this was the scariest project for me. It is not a typical decoration in a house and I really didn't want it to look like clutter. After I got it all put together, it still looked like it was missing something on the sides.
I couldn't really decide what it was missing or what it needed so I went to Hobby Lobby. I really didn't have anything in mind...actually, I was just hoping that something would jump out at me that would look perfect. That didn't happen though. Letters were the best option that I came up with and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I wanted to hang them with something that I could take down easily if I didn't like them. I decided on using the Command sticky strip tabs. They worked perfect!
I guess I'm going to call this a work in progress because it doesn't feel complete to me yet but I can't really decide why. After adding the letters, I came in right on budget. Without the wording, I would have been $10 under budget.
Here is an additional view with the rocker so you can get some perspective of how much room it takes up. Keep in mind too, we have nine foot ceilings so the walls are tall. I also debated on whether to use the long or short rods...I went with short rods but I think this wall could have definitely handled the longer ones.



No comments:
Post a Comment