I'm not usually a crime show watcher. They all kind of freak me out to know that there are people in the world that have that much disregard for human life. It chills me to the core.
Recently, I found out that my husband watches Criminal Minds when I fall asleep early and my alleged snoring keeps him awake (I don't believe that I snore. I refuse to believe this until I see it on video tape...with audio). One night, I actually stayed awake and this show came on. He was all like, "Oh, Emily and Morgan will get them." And I'm all, "Who the heck is Emily? And Morgan? How do you even know these characters?" Apparently, my husband lives a secret life of crime show watching when I'm sleeping. I had no idea.
I digress...I watched one episode and my will to stay away from shows like this went straight out the window. I found myself watching the reruns every night after the girls went to bed for the past few weeks. I even mentioned something to Jason about buying the seasons to catch up.
Lately however, I am beginning to understand why I tend to stay away from shows like this. I find the story lines intermingling in my dreams with real people from my life. It's sort of unsettling when the people in my family become criminals in my dreams.
There was one particular episode that has altered my life forever, I think. I won't go into detail but I'll just say it was about pigs. Yesterday, I stopped at McDonald's for a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel. I found myself completely unable to eat it because my thoughts kept flooding in, "What if they fed their pigs the same thing as on Criminal Minds?" I couldn't finish it and wished at that moment that I was a vegetarian.
I might think about giving up the show but my new life long dream of being an FBI agent and analyzing behaviors is too strong now. You know...if the whole teaching thing doesn't work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment