Sunday, November 21, 2010

50/50

It's holiday season.  For me that means making my favorite cookies.  Well, really it doesn't matter what time of the year it is.  Saying that I make them for the holiday season makes me feel better about it, even though I tend to make them year round.  I have a love/hate relationship with these cookies because they only turn out right about 50% of the time.  They are the classic No Bake cookies.  I don't understand why, but I have such a hard time getting these cookies to set up.  Often, I have to put them in the refrigerator to get them to harden.  I made a batch last week and they were perfect!  I didn't even have to cool them in the fridge.  I was so proud and I thought that I really understood how to make them now.  Until I made them today.
After I made them today, I let them set and set and set.....and set some more, I realized they were not going to set up on their own and they, in fact, would need the help of being chilled.  Disappointed, I took my loss and pouted to Jason.
After sulking for about five full minutes, I decided that I wasn't going to let them get the best of me. I was going to make another batch right then and there to prove I know how to make these cookies!  My second batch turned out perfect.  I have no idea what in the world I do different but I sure wish I knew what it was.
I am absolutely positive that I'm probably the only one that has this battle with these cookies.  But I never let that stop me from making them.
Here's the recipe if you're up for the challenge of making these incredibly easy cookies that I can't seem to master:

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • Waxed paper

Directions

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.
*check out this and other fabulous recipes from www.foodnetwork.com
Good Luck and happy baking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails