Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The writing challenge

It's no secret that I love writing. But I have to say, every time I go to a three day workshop with and work with these amazing coaches, I get inspired all over again. In talking with our group, our coach shared that she gives herself writing exercises. I thought this was a great idea and decided to give myself a writing challenge. My goal is to write something each day. Now, in all fairness, I do write everyday with my students. However, since my student teacher took over the class, most of my writing has been professional writing. So here's to a fresh start to a new challenge. Today's entry is still in the works but it comes from an activity we did during our workshop. We had to choose an object to write about and I chose to write about my writer's notebook.

Black and White

You are black and white
Much like the ways of the world
are not

What a fabulous thing to be
So sure
So defined
of what you are

You hold my most sacred writing
Never judging
as trials of wonderment and thought
grace the pages of your white space
extending beyond the margins
like the dreams of a hopeful child

Because of you
I, too, can be defined
A writer

My thoughts can exist
in black and white
Only within your pages
can the problems of the world be
black and white
Just like you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails