Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random things about me

1. I'm obsessed with shampooing my carpets. I skipped carb day during the Indy 500 with Kellie to clean carpets.
2. I was still in college when I had both of my daughters. My last class was on January 24 and I had Kaitlyn (the youngest) on February 6.
3. My first year of teaching I had a boy call me a hippie because he thought it was a bad name (the same boy who rolled on the floor and licked the walls)
4. One summer in middle school I rode my bike 4 miles (one way) to attend summer gym with several of my best friends (who lived much closer than I did)
5. I treasure every Christmas when I get together with my friends from High School
6. I withdrew from Manchester in May of my freshman year. I re enrolled a month later.
7. When I was in 5th grade I wore a very ugly teddy bear sweatshirt and stirrup pants for St. Patrick's Day.
8. I cry every time I watch Stepmom.
9. I tried to work at a summer camp one year and left before orientation was over-I stayed about one day.
10. I distinctly remember telling Sarah Ryan "Come on, you're fine" two times in her life when she was not fine...Once after Latin and once at the DeMars lake when I was asleep in the yellow room.
11. Since my New Years resolution I have lost 10 lbs.
12. My mom still proudly displays my high school pottery in her office.
13. I pray for a two hour delay every night even though I know that Indianapolis Public Schools rarely gives them
14. I took gymnastics for four years and I wore tights under my leotard once. My teacher told me I wasn't supposed to do that. I asked him if I could go to the bathroom. I took them off hoping no one would notice. Everyone noticed. I was seven.
15. I loved every minute of being pregnant and can't wait until we decide to have another baby.
16. When I was 18 I got my tongue pierced. I let it close after my freshman year of college. Then I let my roommate talk me into getting it pierced again. I let it close five months later.
17. In High school I told my mom I was going to have a little party with our closest friends. 200 people showed up. Our neighbors called the cops because they thought there was a riot on our front lawn.
18. Some of my fondest memories are of my middle school years.
19. I've watched every episode of Grey's Anatomy twice.
20. My brother has never called me by my first name..only 'sissy'
21. One of my college art professors told me I should major in art. Sometimes I think I am the best shoe artist there is.
22. I worked at Finish Line for almost six years-on and off.
23. I've never broken a bone.
24. When I was in elementary school my brother and I used to ride our bikes to "Willies" to eat breakfast. We would pay in all quarters.
25. I rarely ever made it all the way through the Oregon Trail. I don't think I ever bought the right supplies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... You hippie! I have to say, I laughed out loud when I read that. It brought back so many memories from my first year with you and Mica. Although I love teaching Kindergarten, I miss sharing a room with the two of you!

Emma and Greg said...

Miss Kacina! YOu are one interesting lady and i love it! I hope all is well and Congrats on losing weight... YEAH! always feels good doesnt it!? Cant wait to see you again :) Love and miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails