Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Is Our Story...

Jason and I are approching our second year of wedded bliss in early December. However, we have been together for just over seven years. When ever I say that, I always pause and think ... Really? Seven years? Already? It always makes me think back to how it all started. So sit back, pop some popcorn, and enjoy. This is our story...
I just graduated high school and chose a small private college in the middle of no where. It was a big step because no one was going to Manchester with me. I literally knew no one! However, I worked with a friend, who had a roommate, who played baseball with some guys at Manchester (did you follow that?). Somehow I got invited to a "party" in Garrett where a bunch of Manchester people would be. I thought it might be a good idea to go and meet some people before I start my freshman year..you know, just so there would be at least one familiar face on campus. I was promised that I wouldn't be the only girl there. As soon as we showed up, I quickly realized that I was the only girl there. Feeling very out of place and a very uncomfortable, Jason befriended me and asked if I wanted to play eucher. I was a little sketchey of this guy. Mainly because he was wearing a "I love truckers" hat. However, he was nice and very funny!
Somehow he got my name from one of the other guys there and we started talking online. When I got to campus for freshman orientation, I found out Jason was on campus early for baseball. One day I ran into him in the Ad building and I hit his arm and said "Hey, I know you!" I thought to my self 'how awesome! I know someone and I have even hung out with him before.' Much to my disappointment, he totally ignored me and kept walking. I was so mad!
As soon as I got back to my room, he tried to talk to me online and explained that he thought I was very pretty and just didn't know what to say when he saw me. I thought that was honest and we went out on a date that weekend. Might have been one of the worst dates because we went to see the movie "Jay and Silent Bob." Not a good movie by any standard but we really got to know each other.
After that weekend, we pretty much spent all of our time together and grew closer as friends. Although we've been through a lot together that has tested us, I can't imagine being with anyone else!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails