Sunday, November 16, 2008

Changing Taste Buds? Who Knew?

I, by no means, like to try new things...especially new foods. I've never been a big fan of any kind of seafood. I've always thought it smells a little funny and it all tastes like fish. Jason, on the other hand, loves seafood. Specifically, he loves Red Lobster. Being as dramatic as I can, I always turn up my nose when he suggests that we eat there. Somehow I always win out and we go to Applebees or O"Charley's where I feel safe with (you guessed it) chicken fingers.
Last night was no different. He so politely suggested Red Lobster and I so dramatically said something to redirect him to a restaurant that has my safe food. Only, I felt really bad because we NEVER go to Red Lobster but we ALWAYS go to my choice. So I stopped myself and decided to give it a try.
They say your taste buds change every seven years (not sure if this is something I made up or if it's researched based but I used this theory last night) so I felt like it has probably been about seven years since I have been to Red Lobster so I'm bound to like something. As I searched the menu for something safe, I found nothing. Knowing that I could probably only get about two refills on the free cheese biscuits they bring with your meal before they cut me off, I knew I had to order something. I cautiously ordered the JUMBO coconut shrimp (because I know I don't like the little shrimps, so why not just order the JUMBOs?). However, they were the most amazing thing I've ever eaten. They came with a sauce that was very sweet and wonderful. I'm sold. I realized there must be some truth to the whole taste buds changing every seven years. If it's not true, I'm definitely going to look into marketing that idea. Anyway, I can't wait to see what new foods are in store for me seven years from now when my taste buds go through yet another change! I'm marking my calendar.

1 comment:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Love the new pic! Congrats on the new jumbo shrimp tastebuds! :)

Miss you and love you! Any news on your job?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails