Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good Bye Summer

Kellie and I

I have to say that this has been one of the best summers I've had in a long time. Partly because I really haven't done anything other than go to the pool with the girls, hang out with friends, celebrate weddings, and visit with family. This is pretty much the first summer that I didn't take classes or teach summer school. I'm finding that summer vacation is very relaxing. However, by nature I am a very busy person and always have to be doing something. So although this was a great summer, I am very ready to get back to school with a new group of 6th graders!

Of course before heading back to school, we had to have one last outing. Wednesday nights have become our karaoke night. There is a little bar down town in broadripple that we like for our Wednesday night adventures. As we start school on Monday, this was our last Wednesday that we could all go out. I have to say that I look forward to going out with this group of people because they are all crazy! Especially Kellie..who is responsible for forcing me to go out on Wednesday nights. Like a true friend, she takes no excuses from me..and I'm glad for that.

It was the DJ's wife's birthday and Bill's birthday (Bill is a regular at this bar...he's a funny old man). They had a huge cake that looked delicious. At some point, I turned to Kellie and told her I wanted some cake. Shortly after, crazy Bill came over and offered some cake to us. It was the best cake ever and I'm glad that I got to celebrate Bill and the DJ's wife's birthday with them (neither of whom I know). So Happy Birthday people I don't know...thanks for the cake! The delicious cake

It never fails that every time we are there, Meca always gets asked to dance by drunk old men (it might actually be the same man every time). This time it was funny because Trey was there. However, this did not matter to the dancing man. He loved him some Meca last night regardless of her husband sitting right beside her. Trey is a great sport and laughed the whole time. Meca is also a great sport because she was a fabulous dancer with this guy! Meca and Trey
Meca singing...she was very good!
I love when I get to watch Ryan sing at Mugshots! He could be the biggest crowd pleaser I know. He is nuts (not a huge surprise to anyone that knows him) but watching him sing "Psycho Killer" was hysterical. Heather took a video of him which I wish I could put on here for you all to see. You will have to settle for the picture but I'm sure you can imagine...
Ryan singing "Psycho Killer" Ryan posing in his nice jacket
Speaking of Heather...Love, love when I get to hang with her. She is probably one of the funniest new friends that I have met. Even though she thinks she sang the worst song of her karaoke career, I thought it was great. However, I think she really found her niche when she sang Gretchen Wilson "Here for the Party" in SC (we still don't know what that means) but I told her to always pick songs with SC after them now. So here's to you Heather! Heather...it took us three times to take this picture!
Kellie and Heather ... it also took three times to take this picture!
All in all, a wonderful night with wonderful people. I hope everyone's summer comes to a fantastic end!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prayers :) We both appreciate it!

By the way, love all your pictures :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails