Thursday, April 5, 2012

Weighing in

It is hard to believe that we are coming to the end of our two week spring break.  The time off has been so nice and much needed.  Although we didn't go anywhere this spring break, we did have a great time.  It is so great to spend the entire two weeks at home with my girls.
Weighing in on softball...
Last Saturday, the girls started in a local softball league.  Since the girls are so close in age, we were able to sign them up to be on the same team.  This was awesome because practice/games are twice a week and saves me from having four different practice/game schedules.  Kinsey, of course, was super excited to play.  She did very well at both fielding and batting.  Kaitlyn, on the other hand, took some convincing to want to play.  How, you may ask, did we convince her to play?  Well, we told her that softball players wear pony tails or braids every game.  After that, she was sold and couldn't wait to get out there.  Practice #1 she wore pony tails.  Practice #2 she wore two french braids. She also did very well in fielding and batting.  The only problem was that the helmet they gave her to wear was way too big and she couldn't see any of the pitches!  Somehow, she did get a few hits.





Weighing in on our progress...
Jason and I have been going strong on our lifestyle change.  Yes, lifestyle change.  We are changing our ways for good.  I've been asked often when we plan to stop counting points and watching what we eat.  I have mixed emotions about that question.  Our eating and exercise habits before we began were awful, actually I didn't even have any exercise habits.  I struggled with a mix of different health problems and overall, just felt like crap. I'm not sure why I would ever want to go back to that lifestyle.  If that means that I count points, continue to make healthy food choices, question how things are prepared whether out to eat or at friends and family, special order items at restaurants, exercise daily, and look out for the best interest of myself...then that's what I'll do if it keeps me from going back to where I was six months ago.  I'm not doing this to be able to wear a bikini, or just so I can go on vacation and look good in a bathing suit.  I'm doing this because I want to be healthy for my family and so I feel good about myself.  Those two things are what keep me going each and everyday.
So...a little update on my progress.  Since we started WW in October, I've lost a total of 74 lbs. Since my highest weight this past summer, I've lost 77 lbs.  SEVENTY-SEVENTY POUNDS!  I've been able to go down 8 pant sizes...which is ridiculous to even think about.  I've decreased two cup sizes in my brazier.  I've gone from walking a slow pace for 30 min.(about 1.5 miles) to a jog/run for 60 min.(about 4.7 miles).  I've gone from taking three different meds for blood pressure to now taking no meds at all.  I had elevated thyroid levels and now they are perfectly normal.  My doctor was starting to see signs of insulin resistance, a pre-diabetic condition, to now no issues or concerns at all with my blood sugar or insulin.
This is a lifestyle change folks.  Not a diet for some determined amount of time just to stop and go back to all of that.
I debated whether or not to post some "then and now" pictures because they absolutely disgust me.  However, if it gives others motivation to lose weight, I'm down for the cause.
THEN
NOW





1 comment:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

You look AWESOME Kacina!!! Great job!! I'm so impressed! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails