When I bought my car three years ago, I wanted a really low payment. They did a great job of doing that for me. They also did a great job of talking me into extra things like gap insurance and xzilon protection that made my really low payment go up to a kind of low payment.
I understand why the gap insurance is necessary and frankly, I'm glad I'm covered with that. I've had my new car for three years now and I was really starting to wonder why in the heck I let them talk me into the xzilon protection. Xzilon is a sealant they put on the interior fabric and exterior paint of the car. For the interior it is supposed to protect the fabric from any stains and damage. If something gets spilled on it, the liquid or dirt just gets suspended in the fibers and doesn't set into the fabric. The deal is that if there are any stains that I can't get out, I take it in and they fix it for free.
The sales person that was helping me talked a bunch of mumbo jumbo about having kids and how they spill stuff and I should really get it. So I did.
But it's been three years and I've never used this service. That is until this past weekend.
On the way home from Fort Wayne, a two hour drive, Kinsey got sick. On the inside of my car. On my stain resistant seats. I don't care how well it suspends the stuff in the fibers so I can wipe it away, it didn't take away the horrid smell of sickness on my stain resistant seats that I had to endure for the remainder of the two hour drive home.
The next day I took out the booster seat and I could see some slight dirt around where her seat is from her stepping on the seat or putting her feet up. I immediately called the dealership and told them I had some stains that I couldn't get out. They took it in and had it back to me within a few hours.
My car smells great and all of my upholstery and carpet is like brand new...it looks so great! It was so easy and hassle free, I don't think it will be another three years before they see me again. I will definitely be bringing my car in more often for that service. I'm so glad I went for that impulse buy!
No comments:
Post a Comment